Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week VII-Caesar Makes A Mistake...Again

                      Imagine if you were a wise old man with a massive amount of political power in the dominating country of the world. Going to a meeting with people who have been your friends many a long year. And some lunatic stranger runs up to you yelling,"Hail, (insert name here)! Read this schedule."then when someone else tries to give you a different letter he continues, saying,"O (insert name here), read mine first, for mine's a suit that touches (insert name here) nearer. Read it, great (insert name here)." afterword continuing for yet another round of begging. What would you do? I don't know about you but I can't answer this question realistically for three reasons. I'm not a wise old man, I don't have any political power, and no stranger has ever told me to read his letter. However, if I were to make a random guess at how I would react, it would pretty close to how Caesar did, exclaiming," What, is the fellow mad?". Hopefully I'm not lying when I say I would still read the letter, which contaned information that would have saved Caesars life, because unlike Caesar, no amount of power would convince me that I'm infallible. Caesar on the other hand believed himself to important for such things, making this his third and final waring(the 1st being the soothsayer and the 2nd being his wife's dream), but in this case third times not a charm.

7 comments:

  1. I had some trouble with this one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see anything wrong with it, so whatever trouble you had you must have resolved it; this post was brilliant!
    You address every side of the issue, and I especially like the part where you say you are not a wise old man, it brought to mind funny mental pictures of you as an old man. :D

    NS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really great job:( Loved your ending a lot:) Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first face was meant to be :) a smile

    ReplyDelete