Thursday, April 25, 2013
lady M./Beatrice comparison
I guess I can see why someone might say that Lady Macbeth and Beatrice are similar characters. After they both manipulate their husband/to-be into doing their bidding by pushing them to be "men" it does seem as though they are in the same state of mind. But I can't disagree with that more than I currently do. Lady M would have considered her husband weak if he had not complied, Beatrice would have considered Bendick unloving. Lady M wanted and even at times considered herself a man to do a mans work, while Beatrice only had some wishful thinking at the spur of the moment. And lastly, lady M saw manliness as a power and willingness to do whatever for personal gain, whereas Beatrice thought of it as the willingness to stand up for what was right(at least what she thought was right).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Exelent! An all-encompasing comparason.
ReplyDelete-McKinley