Wednesday, September 19, 2012

??Is Henry The Mirror Of All Christian Kings??

                 To answer the title Question we must first establish what we(or I) believe "mirrors" true meaning is. Does it mean "image"(...is the image of all Christian kings) or "opposite of"(...is the opposite of all Christian kings), being a mirror would logically make it the "opposite of", even though people generally would assume otherwise, so we'll stick with that. Now comes the hard part of answering the question.
                  In a nut shell Henry is foolishly convinced that France belongs to him and then goes to war with them because of his temper, also telling his solders to treat the French viciously and threatens worse if the French don't give him what he wants. Henry's temper results in an unnecessary war, killing the French POW's, and unfairly inheriting France. I don't think that King Henry is a bad person, nor a bad king, he did overcome his drunkenness and did his best as king. However considering himself deserving of what he gains and blameless in the casualties is going a little to far. No he is not the mirror of all Christian kings.
                  

7 comments:

  1. Your ideas are all good and sound but you need some specific 'wording' from the play to give complete validity to your assertions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you mentioned him overcoming his drunkenness, although I would have liked to see a quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your definition of "mirror of all christian kings", it was very thought provoking. More quotes perhaps?

    Nate Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake, I agree with some that you need more quotes, but you have a nice amount of detail. No stone is left unturned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job. :)
    Good points, but you need to back them up from the book.
    Did like how you defined what mirror was before answering the question.
    Well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job. I agree with nate though, maybe a few more quotes next time to back up your statements.

    ReplyDelete