Tuesday, October 2, 2012

WeekV-One And The Same

                Have you ever meet two people, generally relatives, who are just alike yet totally different? To be more specific, their personality's are the same but their views aren't or vis versa. I think that's the point of act 2 scene 1 and 2. Both Brutus' wife and Caesar's are worried for them, Brutus' wife going so far as to wound herself to get Brutus' attention saying, "I can bear that with patience, And not my husband's secrets?". Also they both are falling for others deceptive words and make decisions that they later regret. So the faithful republic lover(Brutus) and the power hungry one man ruler(Caesar) are really very much alike. Who knew?

5 comments:

  1. Short, to the point, and rather insightful.
    Absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the quote you used, and your conclusion. Now, I really didn't get the intro, and I also have a question for you. When does Portia say she would wound herself to get Brutus' attention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. act 2 scene 1 line 303 in no fear shakespeare

      Delete