Okay so let's get one thing straight. I don't believe that in the play Julius Caesar there are any heroes. None whatsoever, it's more like anti-hero vs anti-hero, and yes that is possible... I think. Also politicians bore me so I don't study them any more than I have to, meaning I don't have a lot to work with. So bare with me!
I'll start with Antony, because he's my favorite character (but that doesn't mean I think he's a hero).With my lack of knowledge I scrounged up Sam Brownback, at the beginning of his career, as my example. Both came from respectable occupations, Antony form the military Sam from law, making them universally likable. They were both able to accomplish what they did because their political power was underestimated by their advisories. Brutus fatally underestimated Antony's power of speech and the democrat's underestimated Brownback's efficiency at running a campaign (U.S Representative I think), Therefore letting them swoop in and take the prize.
Next is Brutus whom I believe most relates to Obama (I Know everybody else will use him but hey, you don't run across these kind of idiots every day). I mean think about it, they're both hypocritical, self righteousness, and blame everyone else for their problems. However there are some major differences. For example, Brutus naively believes that he is doing his country a service (which is up for debat). Whereas recent investigations shows that Obama probably knows full well that he is dooming his!
I would do Caesar but I think he might just be too much of a one of a kind for me. That's all I have for now. If I come up with anymore I'll be sure to share.
You compared Brutus to Obama, interesting. Other people compared Romney to Brutus, it is interesting how your opinions differ. Liked the bit about Antony.
ReplyDeleteNS
Funny right :)
Deletesorry I'm late everybody!
ReplyDeleteGood job, I never thought about Oboma being like Brutus.
ReplyDelete