Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WeekXII-One last Hamlet

              For my last Hamlet production, I chose the David Tennant version.  Mostly I selected it because I have heard that he was the best "Doctor Who" so far, and I was skeptical of his acting abilities.  The Producer of the film was The Royal Shakespeare Company, the director was Gregory Doran, and the stars were David Tennant(Hamlet) and Patrick Stewart(Claudius). You never see the outside world, but it would seem that the setting was late 1900's in the palace of the king of England.  To be honest I thought that David Tennant's appraisers didn't do him justice. He seemed to outshine the rest of the movie with his acting, especially with his crazy act that was even better than the Branagh or Gibson version. The only other actor that fit with Tennant's ability, was Patrick Stewart (the bald dude from x-men and star trek). He seemed to portray a more in depth Claudius than the ones in the other versions.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Jacob! I agree muchly. But the name's just "The Doctor" not "Doctor Who".

    NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the (the bald dude from x-men and star trek)quote.

    Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he go's by THE DOCTOR NOT doctor who!!!! really good besides that i liked your bald dude thingy too
    E;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob, Very interesting thought process and it flowed very well. You had good points and reasons. I was confused by what you meant by David T's appraisers. Does that mean critics? If so, who are they? You might want to state that. I also agree that David T did a good job with the crazy scene!!

    Mrs. Sexton

    ReplyDelete