Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WeekXII-Spirit vs Ghost

               I have given a lot of thought on the hotly debated topic of whether the ghost of King Hamlet was meant as a demon, seeking to destroy lives and cause extreme chaos, or a spirit, searching for revenge to give himself peace; and, I have come to the following conclusion.  Two out of the three very well done presentations of the play made the "ghost" a seemingly powerful essence demanding, NOT asking for, revenge.  Also, the one version that wasn't presented the same way, was far from a restless spirit in asking for it's deserved revenge.  If the so called "spirit" was as powerful as demonstrated, why not take revenge its self and save Hamlet the trouble? In every story someone comes out happy or victorious. With the pile of bodies, ruined friendships, and destroyed trusts I think a demon would be the only happy one in the group.  Because of this reasons I believe that the "ghost" is a demon not a spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment