Thursday, May 9, 2013
????????Who Tamed Who?????????
I'm not sure if the last scene of the play can be taken as proof that Kate has been TRULY tamed whether she has or hasn't. Because from the beginning we have seen that she has quite a temper and wishes to spite everyone around her. And what better way to do so than to show that she is not only a better wife than ever could have been imagined but also that she is a better wife than her oh so perfect sister Bianca. I know that probably seems far fetched... And I suppose it is, but I did notice that in my version Kate left as soon as her speech was over rather than waiting for her husband like a tame wife would have. Either way it would seem that Kate and Petruchio have at lest come to an understanding. If these unlikely circumstances are in fact the case, than it is very possible that the last scene is a private joke between Kate and Petruchio. Since both, as shown in the first couple scenes, are very mischievous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment