Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week-5 Putting The Pieces Together

                We are told in a private conversation between Cassius, Casca, and Brutus that Caesar,"...fell down... and foamed at mouth..." when offered the crown. This supports what Cassius had already said about Caesar not being a god because he had personally seen him,"...as a sick girl." Caesars falling sick is Shakespeare's way of  previewing what's going to happen to Rome. I think that when Cassius says, "...we have the falling sickness." he might have meant the politicians of Rome were falling sick and that Caesar was the reason they were sick.

6 comments:

  1. It was cool how you brought the author in to the light I was beginning to forget about him.

    Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, but you need more quotes...

    Just kidding, I liked your use of quotes, and your reference to the authors use of foreshadowing.
    awesome job!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your definition of the "we have the falling sickness" bit.
    Good job with the quotes.

    Nate Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked what you said in your last part about the politicians. :) Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job and a good perspective. However, I needed more explanation in your last reference to 'sick.' What exactly was meant by Rome is/was sick?

    ReplyDelete