Thursday, March 14, 2013
lesson 3 thought question 5
"In the poisoned entrails throw. Toad, that under cold stone"..."boil thou first I'th' charmed pot" What is it that witches have against poor cold toads! Perhaps they're jealous that toads have more warts than them? Anyway, in 4.1.1-21 the witches continue taking turns throwing in more bits of helpless animals, mostly other amphibians and reptiles, and shuffling about chanting and moaning, but the question is why. The answer lies in their repeatedly chorusing," Double, double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble. It would seem they've got a," really bad day" recipe with Macbeth's name on it! Macbeth shows up right on cue, being rude and demanding as ever, and is pushed into the last stage's of the witches well planed revenge. So the morel of this scene is," Tread carefully in the land of toads, for in them lies great power."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes I was feeling a little bored
ReplyDeletenice job. liked your ending. Allison:)
ReplyDeleteOh Jake. You make me laugh. XD Now I feel sorry for the toads!!!
ReplyDelete