Monday, March 25, 2013

lesson 4 thought question 8

           "They say he parted well and paid his score. And so, God be with him! Here comes newer comfort." It would seem that Siward's reaction to his son's death is quite logical to say the least( I wish I could say the least (: hehe). He bluntly asks if his son had been a coward or a man then, upon receiving evidence that he fought bravely, states,"Had I as many sons as I have hairs, I would not wish them to a fairer death.". Although his lack of mourning may appear cold and heartless Siward has shown that he's proud of his son for passing from life in such an honorable fashion. It's interesting, the way he hides his deep emotion, but still has them, adds yet another view on how men should act along with lady Macbeth's and Macbeth's own ideas on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment