Monday, March 4, 2013

thought question 6

            "You should be women, and yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so" I think that's a pretty blunt way for Banquo to say that the witches were some unnatural and foul creatures. However while Banquo might be disgusted and Macbeth too, Macbeth is far more curious and even convinced they might speak the truth. Banquo is immediately suspicious when it seems that witches knew some of the future saying,"can the devil speak true?" which also shows that he believes that the witches are servants of the devil. Because Banquo sees the beards on the witches, showing that they seem both male and female, it kind of connects how lady Macbeth convinces Macbeth to commit murder by making him feel unmanly when he dislikes the notion of guilt. As well as how she feels that she is worthy of being a man because of the willing brutality of he demeanor(giving her a kind of beard of her own).

3 comments:

  1. Good job, it's kind of a different slant then what I would have thought. I liked your ideas and good job explaining yourself.

    Stephanie Silvers >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job but you didnt really make the question that clear
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, I don't really know the question. Nice post anyway!

      -McKinley

      Delete